How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27009
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a business in Lockport NY. My water lines go from my

This answer was rated:

I own a business in Lockport NY. My water lines go from my curb box under a road that is a truck route to the other side where the main is. My city is trying to tell me that I responsible for a break in that line. I want to now if this is legal since I have no control over the overweight trucks that travel this road every day?

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

Unfortunately, it is typically the responsibility of the property owner to make the repairs

However, there are exceptions. The exception is if a Riser Connection is broken But it is the owner's responsibility to make the determination that the Riser Connection is at fault.

I suggest you may want to consider discussing this with your Senator, Mayor or AG and finding out how you should proceed to find the source of the break.

Sam and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you