Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was asking you because I did not what to waste money

Customer Question

I was asking you because I did not what to waste money on a attorney it I did not have a leg to stand on do you think I do? I will pay if you think I have a changes of getting my money depreciation back don't want to lose more money.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your post and thank you for requesting me to help you.

My apologies but I do not see the question that you asked me. What specifically can I assist you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Does my Insurance adjuster have the right to change my recovery deprecation to non-recovery? I do not know what you need ask me for more questions if you need to.

Brenda,

I am sorry but I am unsure. As such I will opt out and open your question to other professionals, who will hopefully be able to assist you. Hold on, please!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I shall start over. I reported hail & property damage to my Home owners Insurance Company. Their Insurance Person gave me a estimate, I Own my home my I had a recoverable depreciation of $2,412.53. I sent in my roofers estimate he did the roof before the Insurance approved it, but I had not paid him only my deductiable of $1,564.00 the amount which was over the amount my Insurance adjuster gave me. So my Insurance company would not pay for it because had put on a upgraded roof which they would not agree to pay that amt. so I spoke with the roofer & he agreed to charge me the cost of what the my Insurance said so when I paid the roofer at the bank he wrote paid in full on the original estimate sheet. And I faxed it right then to my Insurance adjuster. Before I changed the amt. I tried explain to the adjuster what had happen. The statement said on the bottom of my Insurance page was If the recoverable derpreciation was more than the estimate repairs they would change to a non-depreciation. but I did not have to pay more because the roofer did not charge me for the improvements. The adjuster, had already changed the amt. before he received receipt from the roofer anyway. My roofer tried to call many times & could not get him. Do they have the right to do this. When I talked to my adjuster he said I should get the money from my roofer at that time my daughter was in the hospital & I was not thinking correctly. He just wore me down. I had gave him several time the Roofer number but he said he could get in touch with him Roofer stated It was a lie he sat by the phone waiting his call every time I call & said he is trying to call you. I believed the adjuster is coning me. What do you think? The roofer has charged me $200. less than what they quoted!! because I paid another roofer to put a patch on the roof before he came out In which the Insurance company approved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I shall start over. I reported hail & property damage to my Home owners Insurance Company. Their Insurance Person gave me a estimate. I own my home so I had a recoverable depreciation of $2,412.53. I sent in my roofers estimate. He did the roof before the Insurance approved it, but I had not paid him only my deductiable of $1,564.00 the amount was over the amount my Insurance adjuster gave me, but it was just a estimate. So my Insurance company would not pay for it because they would not pay for the upgraded roof so they would not agree to pay that amt. So I spoke with the roofer & he agreed to charge me the cost of what the my Insurance said and I told my adjuster so when I paid the roofer at the bank he wrote paid in full on the original estimate sheet. And I faxed it right then to my Insurance adjuster. Before I changed the amt. I tried explain to the adjuster what had happen. The statement said on the bottom of my Insurance page was If the recoverable derpreciation was more than the estimate repairs they would change to a non-depreciation. but I did not have to pay more because the roofer did not charge me for the improvements. The adjuster, & the adjuster had already changed my depreciation before he received receipt from the roofer anyway. My roofer tried to call many times & could not get him. Do they have the right to do this. When I talked to my adjuster he said I should get the money from my roofer at that time my daughter was in the hospital & I was not thinking correctly. He just wore me down. I had gave him several time the Roofer number but he said he could get in touch with him Roofer stated It was a lie he sat by the phone waiting his call every time I call & said he is trying to call you. I believed the adjuster is coning me. What do you think? The roofer has charged me $200. less than what they quoted!! because I paid another roofer to put a patch on the roof before he came out In which the Insurance company approved. I think this is away to not pay me my Money.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I shall start over. I reported hail & property damage to my Home owners Insurance Company. Their Insurance Person gave me a estimate. I own my home so I had a recoverable depreciation of $2,412.53. I sent in my roofers estimate. He did the roof before the Insurance approved it, but I had not paid him only my deductible of $1,564.00 (the amount was to pay out of my pocket) My Insurance Company was to pay the rest. but it was just a estimate. So my Insurance company would not pay for the upgraded roof So they would not agree to pay that amt. So I spoke with the roofer & he agreed to charge me the cost of what the my Insurance said and I told my adjuster so when I paid the roofer at the bank he wrote paid in full on the original estimate sheet. And I faxed it right then to my Insurance adjuster. Before I or the roofer changed the amt. I tried explain to the adjuster what had happen. The statement said on the bottom of my Insurance page was If the recoverable depreciation was more than the estimate repairs they would change to a non-depreciation. but I did not have to pay more because the roofer did not charge me for the improvements. The adjuster, & the adjuster had already changed my depreciation before he received receipt from the roofer anyway. My roofer tried to call many times & could not get him. Do they have the right to do this. When I talked to my adjuster he said I should get the money from my roofer at that time my daughter was in the hospital & I was not thinking correctly. He just wore me down. I had gave him several time the Roofer number but he said he could get in touch with him Roofer stated It was a lie he sat by the phone waiting his call every time I call & said he is trying to call you. I believed the adjuster is coning me. What do you think? The roofer has charged me $200. less than what they quoted!! because I paid another roofer to put a patch on the roof before he came out In which the Insurance company approved. I think this is away to not pay me my Money. The roofer agreed to send a receipt but my adjuster has closed the case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I shall start over. I reported hail & property damage to my Home owners Insurance Company. Their Insurance Person gave me a estimate. I own my home so, I had a recoverable depreciation of $2,412.53. I sent in my roofers estimate. He did the roof before the Insurance approved it, but I had not paid him only my deductible of $1,564.00 (the amount I was to pay out of my pocket) My Insurance Company was to pay the rest, but it was just a estimate. So my Insurance company would not pay for the upgraded roof. So they would not agree to pay that amt. So I spoke with the roofer & he agreed to charge me the cost of what the my Insurance said and I told my adjuster so when I paid the roofer at the bank he wrote paid in full on the original estimate sheet. And I faxed it right then to my Insurance adjuster. Before I or the roofer changed the amt. I tried explain to the adjuster what had happen. The statement said on the bottom of my Insurance page was If the recoverable depreciation was more than the estimate repairs they would change to a non-depreciation. meaning they would pay me at cost of the repairs. but I did not have to pay more because the roofer did not charge me for the improvements. The adjuster, & the adjuster had already changed my depreciation before he received receipt from the roofer anyway. My roofer tried to call many times & could not get him. Do they have the right to do this. When I talked to my adjuster he said I should get the money from my roofer at that time my daughter was in the hospital & I was not thinking correctly. He just wore me down. I had gave him several times the Roofers number but he said he could not get in touch with him. Roofer stated: He sat by the phone waiting his call every time I call & said he is trying to call you. & suggested " You really need to change to another Insurance agency" I believed the adjuster is coning me. What do you think? The roofer has charged me $200. less than what they quoted!! because I paid another roofer to put a patch on the roof before he came out In which the Insurance company approved. I think this is away to not pay me my Money. The roofer agreed to send a receipt but my adjuster has closed the case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are ya'll still working on my Question I have edit some things to make it more clear, it this would help. You may look @ Liberty Mutual Insurance complaints they may have had some like complaints. They first gave me adjuster who contacted me once, & now know one has heard of him @ the company. I lost my Instruction sheet. could never get a hold of him & had to work on my own to get things done for a while. Then they gave me this man. I really think something fishy is going on. A lot of things just don't add up like why he could not talk to the roofing company, he is in the phone book & phone number is XXXXX the estimate I sent. After I gave him the number he still could not find him. I even had the Roofing Company to call him he kept getting the answering machine, could he not answer his messages & get back to him? Yes it may be good idea to see if this has happen before. I wonder if checked Liberty Mutual cc unit (Centralized Catastrophe Unit) examiner or adjusters fraud report claims what would you find? I did not think to do this. but when I tried to find my old adjuster by name on the web under occupation. liberty mutual had be crossed out when I look for him again it was not on there at all but he had many other Insurance company's he had worked for.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is anyone working on my question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

please give me my money back since you can not answer