Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

what are the laws in ohio regarding the use of "foot locks"

what are the laws in ohio regarding the use of "foot bolts" in interior school classrooms?

Thelawman2 :

What are you referring to when saying foot bolt? Do you mean something bolting the children's feet to the floor??

Customer:

lawyer humor? a foot bolt is a "dead bolt" that attaches at the bottom of a door. the bolt slides into a hole in the floor locking out intruders. before sandy hook i believe they were not legal in ohio, but perhaps that has changed.

Thelawman2 :

I am not finding anything in the Ohio statutes regarding "foot bolts." The only statute I can find regarding locked doors in a school is RC 3737.73 which provides in pertinent part: In the case of schools, no principal or person in charge of a school shall willfully neglect to keep the doors and exits of such building unlocked during school hours.

Customer:

probably a fire code. thanks.

Thelawman2 :

Do you have any other questions? If not, please provide positive feedback

Customer:

this is a one time charge correct? not a membership?

Thelawman2 :

I believe that is correct. You have any questions about the charges, you would need to contact customer service. I am not 100% on how the charge works but they are more than willing to work with you.