Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

My final divorce trial is this month. My soon to be ex is

My final divorce trial is this month. My soon to be ex is in federal prison for five counts- bribery, conspiracy to bribe, wire fraud, money laundering, and structuring. His attorney put my adult children down for witnesses. Is this legal? What relevance does it have?
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

That is a good question. What exactly are they witnesses for, his good character? What is currently on trial here?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All I know is that they put my children down for witnesses- I guess character. I am going to trial because I did not agree to the financial amounts at the Final Pre-Trial this past week. I am negotiating for all the monies I paid back to people, including family members that he conned, half of his pension, half of the equity from the sale of our home. My ex's sister is POA and has been collecting his monthly pension since October of 2012 through OPERS.

Thank you for your follow-up, Jacquelyn.

There is nothing inherently illegal about asking for the children to speak. Children, especially adult children, can testify in cases involving their parents, and if they have something pertinent or important to state, such information would be requested of them. I honestly do not see any relevance here unless they have evidence or testimony claiming that you were likewise liable for the con or that there is some unjust factor in place pertaining to the financial distribution being put in place. But this is really why I haven't answered you directly, I spent the time trying to come up with legitimate reasons as to how this may harm you and I honestly could not--it is likely a character witness which does not affect you in any way--it is standard to but the closest people possible on the stand so as to attempt to obtain a less one-sided result.

Good luck.