Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

In Washington state, marijuana is legal, but of course, the

In Washington state, marijuana is legal, but of course, the federal government still has its own standards. What are my rights during work related drug testing as a resident of Washington state, especially if I have a medical marijuana license?
Hello

Welcome and thank you for your question I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

This will depend on your company's policy. They do not have to adhere to state law and can follow the federal law because it supersedes the state

So as long as the policy is applied across the Board with those who have a medical marijuana card then the are no right infringements.

If however, they come down on you and no other employees who also have MM clearance then that would be discrimination.

Therefore, you need to find out the company Policy.