Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

singapore limitation act chapter 163 "(3)

Customer Question

Hi I refer to the singapore limitation act chapter 163.

Limitation of actions of contract and tort and certain other actions:

"(3) An action upon any judgment shall not be brought after the expiration of 12 years from the date on which the judgment became enforceable and no arrears of interest in respect of any judgment debt shall be recovered after the expiration of 6 years from the date on which the interest became due."

I will like to understand if this means that legally only the enforced judgment debt amount (credit card debt) can still be recoverable after 6 years, but the late interests (from credit card debt) cannot be recovered after 6 years?

Thanks and look forward to your advice.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for contacting

It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Singapore, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.

At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obligated to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your response. Since this is the case, I will like to close the question page.

Regarding the deposit, how shall I go about canceling it as well?