Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  20 years of experience practicing law.

Can a town that allows me to live here 11 months a year deny me residency? it was a camp g

Can a town that allows me to live here 11 months a year deny me residency? it was a camp ground that turned condo the town says were seasonal but i live here 11 months so where do i claim resideny
Expert:  Sam replied 10 months ago.
Hello

Welcome and thank you for your question I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

Help me out here, please. You still live in the condo area 11 months of the year? Or where are you living?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes i live in the condo area in belmont nh

Expert:  Sam replied 10 months ago.
Hello

You have a domicile in the State of NH and as long as your driver's license reflects your address and you are getting your mail there those 11 months of the year, then the federal government considers that your home state.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

i have a po box no mail service at this address and does that mean i can register my car here

Expert:  Sam replied 10 months ago.
Hello

If you have a PO Box in the state/town then yes, you can register your car in that town. That is where you live. That is where you receive mail and pay taxes.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you the Town said i had to register my car as a Non Resident I thought that didnt sound right

Expert:  Sam replied 10 months ago.
Hello

I suggest you tell them, that is your legal Domicile according to the IRS because that is the federal law - and that you meet those requirements.
Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience: 20 years of experience practicing law.