How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a town that allows me to live here 11 months a year deny me residency? it was a camp g

This answer was rated:

Can a town that allows me to live here 11 months a year deny me residency? it was a camp ground that turned condo the town says were seasonal but i live here 11 months so where do i claim resideny

Welcome and thank you for your question I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

Help me out here, please. You still live in the condo area 11 months of the year? Or where are you living?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i live in the condo area in belmont nh



You have a domicile in the State of NH and as long as your driver's license reflects your address and you are getting your mail there those 11 months of the year, then the federal government considers that your home state.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have a po box no mail service at this address and does that mean i can register my car here


If you have a PO Box in the state/town then yes, you can register your car in that town. That is where you live. That is where you receive mail and pay taxes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you the Town said i had to register my car as a Non Resident I thought that didnt sound right



I suggest you tell them, that is your legal Domicile according to the IRS because that is the federal law - and that you meet those requirements.
Sam and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you