MyraB, Attorney
Experience:  I have over 20 years experience in criminal law and civil litigation from pre-trial practice to appeal.

I am in portland maine. I wanted to do a small fire by the

Customer Question

I am in portland maine. I wanted to do a small fire by the beach. Which island /beach near portland allows this? If I have to take permits where do I call?
Expert:  MyraB replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question.

The general regulations for open fires in Maine may be found here

The local fire department has authority over permits to burn, so you will need to call the fire department that covers the beach where you want to have the fire. They will be able to inform you if they allow beach fires and the process to obtain a permit.

Let me know if you need any further information.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok where do I find firewood in portland? Ingot permit for little chebeaque island

Expert:  MyraB replied 3 years ago.
Great! I have seen camping firewood available for sale at local supermarkets and hardware stores. So, you may want to call around to get a few bundles.