Joseph
Joseph, Attorney
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law

I was beat up by my brother today, he stomped on me after he

Customer Question

I was beat up by my brother today, he stomped on me after he pushed me down, I am 59, went to emergency room, they do not think my ribs are broken, he is a hot head and has beat his x wife, x girlfriend and stabbed his girlfriends son, about 8 years back. we are co-exciter's with my sister on my dads estate and that is what it was about. he told me he is going to put a bullet in my head, yes I reported all. HELP.
Expert:  Joseph replied 10 months ago.
What is your question for a legal expert this evening? Thank you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

what can I do to protect my self, legally, in all aspects. I need a GOOD,STRONG(mentally) lawyer ,in the Davenport area to help me and not be swayed.

Expert:  Joseph replied 10 months ago.
Unfortunately, the policies of this site do not permit us to represent customers of this site or to provide direct referrals. Meaning, no attorney on this site can provide actual representation or the name of a specific attorney for your case. However, we can point you in the right direction. Would that be satisfactory? Thank you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I hope

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I guess that will have to do.

Expert:  Joseph replied 10 months ago.

First, you should begin with your state bar association. The Iowa Bar has a website, it is located at www.iowabar.org.
.

Your county bar association has a similar site that will be more specific to your location. Their site is located here, www.scottcountybar.org.
.

Additionally, Martindale Hubbell is a national organization that rates attorneys across the country. Their website is located at www.martindale.com.

.

Another nationwide website is located at www.avvo.com. This site lists attorneys by
geographic location and area of practice.

.

Additionally, there is quite likely a legal aid society in your area. A quick internet search and/or phone book search should locate the society closest to you.

.

Each of these resources will have a wealth of information as to attorneys in your area that handle such cases. I would suggest you check each site out and you will surely find a great number of attorneys that meet your needs. Pick a few to meet with in person so that you can thoroughly explain your situation and then retain the one that you feel can best represent your interests.

.
I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Expert:  Joseph replied 10 months ago.
I'm confused as to why you rated my service as "poor". After finding out what you needed, I clearly stated that I am not permitted to provide direct referrals but could only provide resources. Once you stated that this was acceptable, I then responded in detail. Is there something else you need? Thank you.