Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

how do you get a copy of a autopsy

Customer Question

how do you get a copy of a autopsy
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

What state, please?

Every state has different laws
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

las vegas nevada

Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

And thank you

Copies of autopsies, when completed, are available to next-of-kin or other persons upon written authorization by next-of-kin; attending physicians; any person who, by subpoena, seeks information for use in a judicial proceeding; and law enforcement as may be required to carry out their official duties. Written requests, including a photo ID, may be submitted to the Coroner's Office by mail. Next-of-kin may obtain one autopsy report at no charge. Additional copies are $25.00 per repor