CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

My wife and I want to form a new business in

Customer Question

My wife and I want to form a new business in Washington State. We've been to the Secertary of State's office and the Department of Revenue in Olympia and have paid and received (A) Certificate of Formation with our UBI number and (B) our Business License. In addition we have obtained a EIN from the IRS. We were at the bank today to open an account and we told we needed another set of documents pretaining to completing of LLC. Can your company assist us with the reamining paper work required to open a bank account and obtain merchant services for accepting credit cards? Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 3 years ago.

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you today.

William B. Esq. :

Unfortunately, our service does not permit us to draft documents for our customers as that constitutes the practice of law (which we are not allowed to do through the internet (and outside of our states of licensure). However, I believe I can get you the appropriate information to assist you in this matter.

William B. Esq. :

Here is a short article drafted by a Washington State law firm describing the resolution that must be drafted by the LLC in order to open a banking account, it has the necessary requirements for you to include in it, and some considerations: http://www.burkhartandburkhart.com/business-open-bank-account.htm

William B. Esq. :

You can match the format of the resolution to any other governing documents, or resolutions (even on company letterhead), to show the LLC's intent to open the account, and who is permitted to use the account for what purposes.

William B. Esq. :

Here is another short article that has some proposed language you can use: http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/how-do-you-write-an-llc-resolution-to-authorize-me-388491.html

William B. Esq. :

I hope the above is helpful, if you have any questions please let me know and I will follow up quickly (I am sorry that we cannot provide document drafting services through this forum).

William B. Esq. :

Thank you for using our service, and I wish you and your husband the best of luck in this new venture. Please do not forget to rate my answer when you are satisfied. Again, if you have any further questions please let me know. Best regards, Bill

William B. Esq. :

I am going to transfer our conversation to our "Q&A" format to ensure that you can review my answer and that I can respond to any questions you may have quickly.