Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I am being charged with embellishment of approximatelt 60.000

I am being charged with embellishment of approximatelt 60.000 dollars. I don't dispute this amount. What can I do? This was from a relationship with my boy freind, who owns 50% of the company.

Welcome and thank you for your question I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

What information can I provide to help you to determine if you need a local attorney?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I agree that I owe the money, what type charges would I be faced with. They have indicated they only want me to pay them back and that;s what I won't to do.. Any jail time? Possible payment terms?

Thank you

If you agree you took the money, you are confessing and the charge is still embezzlement. Additionally, if you confess and agree to repay it, then they still can place a charge.

I suggest if you are going to agree you took the money and are going to repay it, then you should have a local attorney who can write up an agreement on how it will be repaid and that in exchange no charges will be filed.

If you tell me what state this is, I can provide possible penalties for that charge.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

North Carolina