How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27010
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being charged with embellishment of approximatelt 60.000

This answer was rated:

I am being charged with embellishment of approximatelt 60.000 dollars. I don't dispute this amount. What can I do? This was from a relationship with my boy freind, who owns 50% of the company.

Welcome and thank you for your question I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

What information can I provide to help you to determine if you need a local attorney?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I agree that I owe the money, what type charges would I be faced with. They have indicated they only want me to pay them back and that;s what I won't to do.. Any jail time? Possible payment terms?


Thank you

If you agree you took the money, you are confessing and the charge is still embezzlement. Additionally, if you confess and agree to repay it, then they still can place a charge.

I suggest if you are going to agree you took the money and are going to repay it, then you should have a local attorney who can write up an agreement on how it will be repaid and that in exchange no charges will be filed.

If you tell me what state this is, I can provide possible penalties for that charge.

Sam and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

North Carolina