Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

is it illegal in the state of VA to reverse park a car in an

is it illegal in the state of VA to reverse park a car in an angled parking stall where the flow of traffic flows in one direction? (i.e a parking garage that has a one way with angled stalls.)
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Are you talking about parking in a private parking garage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, itsa garage for a condominium/commercial businesses.

Thank you for your response.

The VA law is silent on regulation of parking on private property. The rules regarding parking on private property are set by the owners of the property. Thus if someone is parking contrary to the lines in the parking lot, it is up to the owner of the lot to take action and they can have the violators towed or can even cite them for the violation in accordance with any of the bylaws of the association owning the garage.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.