Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

Hello, J have recently won a prizelottery from C-date at £

J have recently won a prizelottery from C-date at £ 2.500 000.
I got a lawyer, by the bank in London, called John Arnold to take care of this matter because I live in Sweden.
I advanced his lawyer fee at £ 650. Than for paying tax at £ 7.500 also he would take care of that too. I did not have kach to pay that sum and it was reduced to 1/3. I will pay that sum tomorrow by Western Union and hope this transaction will take place, as I have been told next week.
What is your opinion??
Sincerely,
Håkan Hallberg, Ockelbo, Sweden
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.

Before we begin, a bit more detail would be helpful please.

Did you enter a lottery, sweepstakes or purchase a ticket?

How were you notified that you had won?

How did you come to know to hire Mr. Arnold to assist you?

Thank you.

JudgeLaw
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Unostly, I don´t know howe I got member.

By two e-mails from C-date at 20/8.

By the bank UPB Bank, London, Mr. Brett Warren.

Sinc.,

Håkan Hallberg

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX for the additional information.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

As you know, something which is too good to be true is, generally, not. Also, I am sure you suspect this is one of those times. Unfortunately, I am absolutely sure that there is no prize waiting for you from these people. We see this scenario, or similar ones, dozens of times a day.

This is positively a scam. It is known as an "Advance Fee Scam". They will continue to come up with bogus fees that you need to pay to release the "winnings" until you finally stop. Then, they will disappear.

Just remember:

1. You can not win a sweepstakes or lottery you did not enter.

2. No legitimate sweepstakes asks winners to pay upfront to release the winnings.

3. No legitimate lottery or sweepstakes notifies major winners by text, email or regular mail.

4. If they were genuinely holding money belonging to you should be able to tell them to just deduct the taxes, insurance, courier fee (all red flags, by the way) and send you a net check.

Do not send any more money or otherwise respond. They are trying to steal from you.

I am sorry. I realize this is not the answer you were hoping for. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's position, but accurately reflects their position under the facts presented. I hate it, but it happens and I ask that you not penalize me for having to deliver less than favorable news.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information. I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you. I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

JudgeLaw
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you Mr "Expert"!

That was my first thought too; "it´s too good to be true".

Your information has been unvounerable to me, especially my wife.

When you get the massage you think and hope util you face the fact.

But how can those people go on like this? Is there a possibility to let them face the law? C-date would be dead by now.

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Håkan Hallberg, Sweden

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX

These con artists work out of countries that do little to interrupt their activities. Also, there are so money scammers as to overwhelm the resources of law enforcement.

It is a good rule of thumb to never send any money to any solicitations which come out of the blue.

I hope this is helpful to you.

JudgeLaw
Loren, Attorney
Experience: 30 years experience representing clients.
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):  http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-JudgeLaw/

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, Mr. Hallberg, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.