Zachary
Zachary, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

I had a 4 panel solar hot water system to my hone the fall

I had a 4 panel solar hot water system to my hone the fall of 2011. One year later looking our carbon footprint, the average fuel yearly consumtion for the past 5 yrs was 625 gals of oil. My savings was 85gals of fuel saved. Not the 50-60% (250-300 gals).
We have had meetings here with the US represensitive engineer for the solar system. The represensitive company here in New Hampshire I purchased from, and the plumber who installed the system. This spring there was a maiior replumb of the system. The engineers installed a date recorder to track 24/7 how the system is operating. Now three times this summer the system has blown its pressure relief valve. Filling our large garage with steam. With the steam coming out with in 3 feet of a path or walkway, there is a pontential of some one to get seriously hurt. The company represensitive is aware of the problem, but nothing is being done. I talked with the plumber whom I highly respect he recommended I get a third party to represent me. He can't because he is hired by the solar company. I was self employed in the construction for 35 years. My frustration is the system is not working, is a potential for some one to get seriously hurt. How do I find a third party to assist me. Thank You
Expert:  Zachary replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

The situation you are describing involves a beach of warranty and guarantee regarding the function of the solar hot water system. The manufacturer and the plumber both owe you duties. The manufacturer owes you the duty to deliver to you a system, which if installed correctly, will function as promised when it was sold to you. The plumber owes you a duty to work in a good and workmanlike manner and to do his job correctly.

Currently, you have a system which is not working as promised and which is actually malfunctioning in a dangerous manner. Your next step is to make a final legal demand for remedy, and if that remedy is not provided (i.e., if the system is not fixed) then you have the right to sue for the return of your money, or the cost to get a system from another manufacturer installed to the specifications this system was supposed to be installed to.

The best way to do this, if you can afford it, is to hire an attorney to represent you in the negotiation. One easy way to locate an attorney to represent you is to contact the New Hampshire Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service: http://www.nhbar.org/for-the-public/lawyer-referral-services.asp

You can also look up qualified lawyers on www.martindale.com

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best regards,
ZDN
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

So the short answer is give it one more try have a meeting, see what there plan is? Let them implement plan. If this time I'm not satisfied then get legal help? That could take another a year?

Expert:  Zachary replied 12 months ago.
I think you've already given them enough time. YOu should get legal help now. An attorney can act prior to filing a lawsuit by attempting to resolve the conflict and putting pressure on the other side to fix the problem or face being sued. However it turns out, I think that having a lawyer represent you in further communications with the manufacturer is your best option. If they do not do as requested, then your lawyer will sue them for you.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

That's the better answer now. I have been very patient. I just want what purchased. A solar home water system that assist in reducing my fossil fuels. Thank for your help ;o)

Expert:  Zachary replied 12 months ago.
I'm glad to be of service.

Best regards,
ZDN
Zachary, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs