Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.
11182422

I am considering a number of countries to move permanently

I am considering a number of countries to move permanently to in a couple of years. Where can I do research on subjects like political, legal, economic, religious, security standards. Basically, I want to live in a culture more driven by individual rights and responsibilities and less by fascistic agenda driven political correctness backed up by police state tactics common to what I've heard of communist and fascist regimes.
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 1 year ago.

Brandon M. :

Hello there.

Brandon M. :

I see that you joined the chat. Welcome.

Brandon M. :

Are you able to see this and respond?

Customer:

Yes but I'm on android phone so may take more time than normal

Brandon M. :

No problem. Thank you for your question.

Brandon M. :

Have you looked at the CIA World Factbook? It summarizes all of the things that you listed. It ranks each country by in various categories using objective data, and it also summarizes the political, cultural, religious, economic, legal, etc. data and issues.

Customer:

That looks good. Are there any private options as I recall I have seen executive services that do similar research, but I don't know who. Also, ultimately I'll need to rely on a good lawyer to help me decide a pool of options and the legal requirements of each

Customer:

Do you know how I can find excellent legal help in this field?

Brandon M. :

If you needed additional legal information, I would recommend contacting your county's bar association to ask for a referral to an immigration attorney. Most immigration work pertains to getting people into the country, but the scope of the practice also includes getting people out. Your county's bar association will refer you to someone who is competent and reliable.

Brandon M. :

Would you have any concerns about going through your county's bar association for a referral?

Customer:

I know of bar referrals, but I'm looking for special experience and skill, as my whole life will be negatively affected by less than excellent service in this matter.

Customer:

I can wait for good information as I am planning @ 2 1/2 years out.

Brandon M. :

Well, my concern is that what is excellent for one person isn't necessarily excellent for someone else. Excellence is subjective. An attorney may have a recommendation that is brilliant to one person and repugnant to another. So someone might be right for you and wrong for someone else. If you are particular about who you are working with and if you are someone who is hard to please (there is nothing wrong with being hard to please), you are probably going to have to interview a few attorneys regardless of their track records, experience, knowledge, or pedigree. I still recommend contacting the bar association, telling them what you need, and what your requirements are. If that is inadequate, I would refer you to two other sources. First, to Martindale-Hubbell, and second to AVVO. Both rate attorneys using objective and subjective measures. The web addresses are as follows:

http://www.martindale.com/
http://www.avvo.com/

Customer:

I am looking for an elite attorney who has or can develop contacts in the eventual target country to facilitate and expedite matters related to my move and possible citizenship.

Brandon M. :

What is your criteria for "elite"?

Customer:

Someone with a well-known reputation in the legal community of effective advocacy for his or her clients. Someone who gets the job done with minimal stress or drama. I simply want reliable counsel concerning a choice of country, then effective representation with any matters relating to moving there and possible citizenship.

Brandon M. :

Avvo and Martindale-Hubbell factor an attorney's reputation in the legal community for effective advocacy. They also factor client satisfaction.

Customer:

Alright, thanks for your help.

Brandon M. :

Both Martindale and Avvo have rating systems. Avvo, for example, rates attorneys on a scale of 1.0 to 10.0. I do think that you would find it useful.

Customer:

Thanks.

Brandon M. :

It was my pleasure. It sounds like you will get to do something that I have dreamed about for years (I haven't abandoned the dream yet). Take care.

Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience: Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.