Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

I live in Pennsylvania, can my house be taken away in a civil

Customer Question

I live in Pennsylvania, can my house be taken away in a civil lawsuit?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for asking your question today. I am a licensed Pennsylvania professional. The other professionals and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What city and state do you live in?
-What country do you live in?
-What have you already tried?
-What is the judgment for?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I live in Enola, PA which is in cumberland county. I am being sued for breach of contract due to non payment of loan. This is a second mortgage home equity loan. My first mortgage is current and was modified under making home affordable, accordingly, my second mortgage should have been but never was. I am now being sued. I have spoken with the palintiff's attorney and I am trying to get Bank of America to reinstate my payments so I can start paying them again, but I am concerned what will happen if they do not agree and continue to pursue judgement.

Thank you for your follow-up, Jonathan. My apologies on the delay, I was offline for a bit and could not immediately respond.

The answer I am going to provide you is not likely going to be favorable, so I ask that you do not blame the proverbial messenger. In this instance being concerned is quite legitimate. If a judgment is reached and levy is placed against the property, the lien holder can push for a judicial sale or a foreclosure so as to obtain the funds. So if you do have two mortgages and a lien on the property, all the liens and mortgages have to be paid since any party whose debt is in default can push for such action against you. I wish I had better news for you, I truly do, but non-payment here can truly affect you and your position.

Good luck.