Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

I live in Chicago, Illinois. Email address [email protected]

I live in Chicago, Illinois. Email address [email protected] My question is that my driver license is in the process of being canceled. I took a driver evaluation, the examiners say I'm not qualified. What I'm asking if I take driver retesting and pass does the DMV override the physician orders? Does the DMV have the final decision?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

The DMV is the agency that has the responsibility to issue (or cancel) driver license privileges. That means that the DMV is responsible for choosing to issue a license or not--the DMV can override a physician's notes or demands if they find that the applicant is able to still safely operate a vehicle. For example if a doctor informs the DMV that the individual is blind and unable to operate the vehicle, the DMV set up a vision test as well as possibly an operation test to see if the notation is valid. Then they either uphold the doctor's notation or deny it and allow the operator to keep his license.

Good luck.