Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

three owners on house deed. want to remove two and add one.

three owners on house deed. want to remove two and add one. The two to be removed are willing to sign. Will be leaving one sister and adding son. What forms are needed?..Leaving ownership to two indivduals.
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
If i understand correctly, you have 3 owners and want to remove 2 and then add a different owner, leaving 2 owners, one new and one old....

If this is the case, then the ones who are leaving would need to execute quitclaim deeds from them as the grantors to the remaining old owner and the new owner as grantees as either joint tenants or as tenants in common.
.
For example, A, B and C own it now. D is coming in and B and C are leaving. B quitclaim deeds his interest to A and D. C also quitclaim deeds his interest to A and D.
.
Both leaving owners would need to execute their own separate deeds to the remaining new and old owner, but the deed would be the exact same with the exception of changing the name of the grantor (the one transferring the interest)
.
Whether the remaining old owner and new owner took title as joint tenants (JT) or tenants in common (TIC) would be a personal preference. But with a JT, if one owner passes, the other then owns the entire property. With a TIC, if one owner dies, his interest passes down to his heirs.
.
Once the deeds are prepared, signed and notarized, they would just need to be recorded at the county clerk/land records office and the transfer is complete.
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can i print a copy of this advice

I don't see any reason why not... I am not exactly sure if there is a way to just hit print and have it print out the screen, but when I want to save something here, I hghlight it, copy it, and then paste it into a Word document and then save it.
.
.
Thanks