Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I have Personal Family property being held by the step father.

I have Personal Family property being held by the step father. My sister (deceased) allowed personal property "lighthouses" to her son and a trunk property that I gave my nephew in memory of his grandmother. Paul XXXX has been waiting for Zaniel XXX to pick up his things. I spoke to Paul XXX and tried to arragements and did not hear from him. I called again and the trunk he viewed every day in garage was suddenly in question of how big was it. My nephew Zaniel XXX had no time to arrang anything. He was told he had leave immediately. Paul XXXX resides in Denver Colorado Adams County

Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
I am sorry to hear you are having this problem with Paul...
.
What is your legal question I can help with this morning?
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Retrieve personal family items that Zaniel XXXX had to leave
with Paul XXXX

Ok, is Paul preventing Zaniel from picking the items up?
.
Has Paul sent a formal written notice that Zaniel has XXX days to remove the items or they will be considered abandoned?
.
Has Zaniel tried to go and pick the items up?
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. I do believe he has. No because Paul told Zaneil after he moved back to NH that he was keeping everything but Paul told me he has been waiting for Zaniel to pick up his things. Zaniel can' t drive and no one wants to go.

Ok, I guess I am a little confused now...
.
If Paul has not refused to allow Zaniel to pick up his property, I am not sure there is anything to do legally.
.
If Zaniel has tried to pick the items up and Paul has refused to allow it, then Zaniel can file a small claims court action against Paul for "conversion" which is the wrongful keeping of the property of another. The judge can then order Paul to return the items or make them available on a particular date and time for Zaniel to pick them up.
.
But if Zaniel just can't drive over to get the items, he would have to arrange for someone to go on his behalf to pick them up. He could likely contact a local moving company and pay them to pick up and deliver the items if he can't find someone to help.
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will do the best I can, Thank you for your help.

You are very welcome. I hope I have answered your inquiries, but if you have further questions, don't hesitate to get back in touch with me and we will proceed further.
.
.
Thanks