RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

The Federal Reserve Board eagle logo links to home page Bank

The Federal Reserve Board eagle logo links to home page
Bank of America 1890 Epps Bridge Pkwy, Athens, GA 30606
NOTIFICATION OF CREDIT FROM BANK OF AMERICA.

Attn: Beneficiary,

We have this day of 26th August, 2013 received a payment credit instruction
from the Federal Government of Benin Rep to credit your account with your full
Inheritance fund of US$12.3Million from the Benin Rep reserve account with our
bank, Bank of America.

Please do provide the above information accurately, because this office cannot
afford to be held liable for any wrong transfer of funds or liability of funds
credited into a ghost account.

Secondly, the only money you have to pay for the transfer to take place is just
$178usd and you are giving 24hours to send the payment and please be advise
that you are to send the payment to American Embassy office in Benin Rep and
you are to use this information to send the $178usd and please be informed that
you are not going to pay any other payment to any body and do not be deceived
by any body to send any other payment.

Here is the information you will use to send the payment through Western
union.

Receiver's name Mr. Emma Nwabu
Country Benin republic
City Cotonou
Text question when
Answer now
Amount $178usd

Thanks for banking with Bank of America while we looking forward to serving you
with the best of our service.
Thanks and God bless you.

Yours in Service,
Chairman Ben Shalom Bernanke
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.

You are correct, it is an inheritance scam. It is something that the Federal Trade Commission actually warns about on their website for people to avoid. This article also talks about it (here, the scammers are "from London", but the basic principles are the same).

If this was a true inheritance, I can assure you that you wouldn't get notified by email. There are processes and procedures that must be followed. Most importantly, however, you never, ever have to pay any money to collect an inheritance -not in taxes, not in transfer fees, legal fees, etc. These scammers convince people to send them money, leading them to believe millions are coming and of course, once you send the money, you never hear anything further!

You were wise not to be fooled.
RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience: Experienced in multiple areas of the law.