Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law

I am representing myself. My Interrogatory is asking me to

I am representing myself. My Interrogatory is asking me to identify the existing common law, statute or case law which warrants the defense. All I am doing is proving that I have paid a medical bill! I have receipts from the physician and insurance but what law would I use that justifies my defense?

Hello there

Believe it or not, your legal basis for this is "Complete Satisfaction of Debt / Paid in Full" -- many times attorneys will write these interrogatories to be deliberately confusing and misleading in order to try to trip you up and discourage you from answering them (and then they can ask for a dismissal if you do not answer). As a complete sentence to answer such a question, writing in -- "The debt is paid in full and defendant has proof of payment thus the legal basis for the defense is that the debt is Satisfied and Paid in Full". WIth the rest of them simply do the best you can -- there is nothing wrong with putting in "Defendant does not understand the question and requests clarification in layman's terms" on a few of the answers also.

Please press the 3rd, 4th or 5th smile face below so I will be paid for my time.. I am paid NOTHING unless you press a positive rating below. Pressing a positive rating below will NOT cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger for Just Answer to pay me for my time. THANK YOU