Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

I had surgery on 4/25/2013 was suppose to be for a laminectomy

I had surgery on 4/25/2013 was suppose to be for a laminectomy L3-L5. The surgeon says he did a fusion at S1-L3 which the op notes confirm.I had a second onion with another spine specialist who says the fusion is L5 to L2 and the instrumentation ( spine-x axel) is not a stand alone system. the spine-x specs page for the axle says it is to be used at single level fusions I have it at 3 levels.It is not improving and I feel it is only a matter of time until it falls apart and I need surgery again. I have all the hospital notes and a report from the 2nd surgeon which states the above fact.

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you,

I am sorry to hear about your surgery and the possibility of another surgery in the near future,

I have read your post, but did not detect a question; What question may I Answer for you this evening ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do I have a possible medical malpractice case with the above facts?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I can see you gave 2 answers but I cant see the 2nd answer am I doing something wrong?

Hi, Paul, Thank you for your reply,

If the surgery as performed by the surgeon either fell below or departed from the acceptable standards of care met by other surgeons with similar training and experience and which resulted in harm to the patient, or the fusion that the surgeon performed was not the manner in which this type of spinal problem is corrected, then you have a case of medical malpractice.

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, Please rate a 10 as it gives me a greater opportunity to assist other customers on this website and is greatly appreciated,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been trying to find a attorney to look at the case in my area San Joaquin county, California. Is there a referral or some one in this area you can recommend.

Thanks

Paul Amaral

Hi, Paul, Welcome back!

The San Joaquin County Bar Association has a Lawyer Referral Service which is a free service. I am providing the link below for your convenience. Call and tell them what your situation is and ask for the names of several Attorneys with experience in Medical Malpractice litigation. Spek to all of them, ask a lot of questions, then select the one with whom you feel the most comfortable,

http://sjcbar.org/lawyer-referral.html

ANDREA