Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

I have some land in Shawano Wisconsin which Ive own for ten

I have some land in Shawano Wisconsin which I've own for ten years I've used this land primarily for camping however I've made improvements on it over the years septic electricity and water Now the town of Wescott has implemented a new Ordinance which states I cannot be on that property more than 15 days in a 12 month peroid. Can anyone help me.

Thelawman2 :

If the township has passed an ordinance which limits the use of the land, then it could be considered a violation of the takings clause of the Constitution. As such, the township would have to pay you reasonable compensation for the loss of use of your property if the reason for your restricted use is for a public reason. However, if there is no public reason for the ordinance, then the law is improper and should be revoked

Thelawman2 :

You would need to file a lawsuit in a federal or state court against the township for the taking of your property