LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

my grandson has been accussed of toughing his daughter on the

my grandson has been accussed of toughing his daughter on the bottom by his exwife. He has taken a lie detector test and passed. what can he do about the lie his ex wife has told.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Who required him to take this test? Was there any physical signs of abuse on her? Has he been charged with anything criminal yet? How old is his daughter and why would his exwife make this accusation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The family court judge ordered the test. No physical signs of abuse. Has not been charged with anything. His daughter is 6 in Sept. but has some autisum and was a preemie of 1lb.5oz. His exwife hates him. She was arrested for drugs in Jan. of 2012 then left the child and left the state for a rehab in Ga. for over a year. When the dad ask for custody of the child she came to SC took the child and went back to GA. since then she has tried to turn this child against her dad as well as the rest of the family. Need to know what can be done with DSS being involved.

?

Thank you for the additional information. DSS is conducting an investigation, so they have no legal obligation to divulge any information, which could compromise their work at this time. The fact that the father passed the test, there are no physical signs of abuse and the mother has motive to lie, should all be things that are favorable to his situation. If it turns out that the complaint lacked any merit, DSS will close the investigation. The father still needs to cooperate, since he has nothing to hide and he should consider providing DSS with the history of the mother, to show her intent. Moreover, the father may want to petition the court for legal custody of the child. It seems odd that the mother just took the child and left the State if the father had legal custody, so his relief may have to be ordered through the court. A request should also be made by the father, if not done so already, to investigate the mother, if the child is in her care

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.