Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

is it legal in Texas for an older sister to take her younger

is it legal in Texas for an older sister to take her younger sisters medications to school
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Under the Texas school rules there is zero tolerance for possession of any medication at school. Each school requires parents to submit the medications to the school nursing staff if required. The older sister could be suspended under the zero tolerance rules for having the medication even if she has a note from the parents stating she is holding it for the younger sister unless she has permission in advance from the school administration.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. That clarifies the school rules, but does not answer the question "is it legal?" as in, could my daughter actually get arrested for doing so.

Thank you for your response.

No it is not legal. She is in possession of medication that is not prescribed to her and if it is prescription medication she could be charged with illegal possession of prescription medication. Chances are the school will not have her arrested, but it is illegal and she could be arrested.