TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I clipped the mirror of a parked car...called police who contacted

I clipped the mirror of a parked car...called police who contacted owner and directly observed us agreeing to handle it ourselves. No report filed. She's been quoted $280 which I'm okay with paying but would like some advice as to how to protect myself from having her come after me later for additional monies. Would writing on the check "full and final settle for etc" be enough?
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

I would draft a short letter to go along with the check. The letter should state something to the effect that upon acceptance of the check, the damage to the other vehicle caused by you on _______ is considered settled and paid in full, and that you are thereafter fully released of all liability as to the incident. Obviously, you'll want to tweak that language by adding the location, date, vehicle, etc. I would include a place for her to sign the letter, and then keep the original (giving her a copy).

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To VAMD" in the subject line of your question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for you expert advice. I'll be implementing it right away and appreciate the speedy reply!

You are quite welcome. Thank you for using our service!