Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Been married lil over 3 months is it to late for an anollment

Been married lil over 3 months is it to late for an anollment in Texas
Thank you for using this service. I'll do my best to answer your questions as completely and honestly as I can. All I ask in return is that you give me a positive rating for my customer service. This is the only way I get credit for assisting you. If you feel the need to use "poor service" or "bad service," please ask follow-up questions instead, so that I can try to help you further. Please remember that the law sometimes does not have a satisfactory solution for your issue; unfortunately, this is something I cannot control.

This is the immigration law topic area. Experts in this topic area are permitted to answer only Immigration questions. Do you have any immigration related questions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not have an immigration question

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am another expert with JustAnswer who is also in its Family Law section.

On this website, I do not always get to give good news, and I am afraid that this is one of these times.

It is too late. Rather, an annulment is not based on time, but cause. To get an annulment in Texas, you'd need to show that:

-the person was underage;
-the person was forced into the marriage;
-the person was under the influence of narcotics;
-there is a prior marriage which never ended;
-one of the parties lacks mental capacity to enter into marriage;
-the person was forced into the marriage, or, was "tricked" into it; or
-one of the parties is impotent.

Tex. Fam. Code Sec. 6.102 et seq.

As such, simply being married for less than a certain amount of time is not enough for an annulment, I am afraid. Unless you can show one of the above, you have to divorce to end the marriage. I am sorry.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience: Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Thank you for your gratuity.