TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

Contract with At the Beach tanning salon. My son went in

Contract with 'At the Beach' tanning salon. My son went in to check it out. The girl behind the desk was like just use it once and sign up and then I will just turn around and cancel it - its only like a $10 fee. Well she printed the contract which he did not sign - he put a 'smiley face' where you are agreeing to everything (contract); and even wrote 'no' when it had you sign acknowledging the fees. She is no longer working there. Is he still liable for this contract and making the payments every month if he never signed it?

Thank you for your question.

How old is your son?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your response.

I was requesting his age so that I could tell you that your son has two defenses. However, he is not a minor and so he is able to enter into binding contracts.

Nevertheless, this is not a binding contract. He did not sign it, and placed verbage on it which actually repudiates the intent to be bound. Thus, there is no contract.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I thought. The finance co. for them said it was still a binding contract and pay up. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't.

No problem.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,