Amber E.
Amber E., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced practitioner in areas of Divorce, Custody, Social Security, and Contract disputes.

The city foreclosed on my home for property taxes and three

The city foreclosed on my home for property taxes and three weeks later they vacated the judgment and voided the foreclosure wants I paid the taxes. Between the three weeks there was damaged done to the property. If I keep my insurance coverage and continued to pay the premiums will I still be covered?
So long as there is no lapse in coverage or other applicable prohibitions in the policy terms, damage should be covered even during a foreclosure process. However, keep in mind that when property is foreclosed upon the creditor will often acquire something called collateral protection insurance (CPI) or forced place insurance. It's often a good idea to notify the creditor if damage occurs during foreclosure, as it may be possible to file the claim against the CPI policy.