Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

i sent all the info on a guy who was stealing from the elderly,

i sent all the info on a guy who was stealing from the elderly, moratge fraud, written notices, pretending to be a real estate agent, estate planner and the list goes on. they did nothing. he stole everything from my mother who is now deceased. the fbi has now caught him,sentenced him to 41/2 to fed pen and i never get notice of being a victim, someone nice sends me a email. i contact the prosecting us attorney and they put me on a vicXXXXX XXXXXst for restitistion. I want to know can I sue the state, they could have provented many people from becoming victims

JD 1992 :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

JD 1992 :

Thanks for asking for me.

JD 1992 :

I want to make sure I understand the facts. Are you saying that you send the State of AZ some information on the scam artist and that now you want to sue them because they didn't act on it?

Customer:

yes.

JD 1992 :

The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that governmental entities do not have a duty to act to prevent crimes. The only possible lawsuit would be some type of civil rights violation, but it would be very hard to make because of that court case.

Customer:

great so the government gets away with crap yet again and us regular people trying to do the right thing get screwed .

JD 1992 :

Unfortunately, that is the way it works out all too many times. I disagreed with the case when it was decided but they didn't ask me.

JD 1992 :

I am truly sorry to give you what I am sure is bad news, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and very unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an completely honest response.

JD 1992 :

Also, when you issue your rating, please do so based on my professionalism and not on whether the law is in your favor or not since I can't control that.

JD 1992 :

Did you have additional questions?