Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

can my bank account be frozen without default judgement.... I

can my bank account be frozen without default judgement....
I am going out of business and I owe money to my vendors.
Once they see my store is closed, can they freeze my account in a week or two, without a judgement?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. No....unless you have given a vendor an actual security interest in your bank account, which would have been evidenced by a security agreement that you signed, your vendors would have no right to take any action against any of your assets, including your bank accounts, without first suing you and obtaining a judgment against you. An unsecured creditor has no right to take any action until that time.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: