Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

Unfortunately,my son decided to poke a hole in a seat on a

Unfortunately,my son decided to poke a hole in a seat on a school bus with a blue marker.
They school said they will suspend him from the bus for a day, and send me an invoice for the repair costs.

They are just about to get an estimate.

I am just wondering if I can get a different if I do not like the one that I am given?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you, but I believe I have information which you will find helpful.

Everything is negotiable. There is no law which says you can not dispute the amount of damages. If you disagree with their estimate, you can make a counteroffer. If you can not reach an agreement then they would have to sue you to collect.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

JudgeLaw
Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):  http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-JudgeLaw/

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, Jennifer, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.