Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I just sent a notice to a consultant that we are not proceeding

Customer Question

I just sent a notice to a consultant that we are not proceeding with an MOU with them. We have a letter of acceptance that allows them to contact our suppliers for information. I have revoked that letter effective immediately.

I did not give a specific reason for why we are not proceeding with him ... just that we decided not to.

Here is what the email says

I want to thank you for your time and effort that you have put into kicking off an assessment of our telecommunication services.

After further consideration we have decided not to move forward with Core Business Services, LLC engagement with XXX Holdings, Inc. and any of its subsidiaries, effective immediately. Accordingly, our authorization to Core Business Services and to you to request information from our service providers on our behalf per the letter of authorization dated and signed 5/3/2013 is hereby revoked and of no further force and effect.

Additionally, per our Mutual Nondisclosure Agreement with you dated April 29, 2013, please return to me within 15 days of the date of this letter, any information in your possession, including such information in your employees’ and consultants’ possession, regarding XXX Holdings’ and its subsidiaries’ telecommunication contracts, service level agreements, invoices, customer service records and any and all documentation pertaining to any and all XXX “telecom” services associated with XXX’ account(s) including usage reports and any other details that pertain to our engagement with Core Business Services.

As a reminder, you are obligated under the provisions of the Mutual Nondisclosure Agreement for a period of five (5) years following the date of the disclosure of any information.

The real reason we are not proceeding with him is that we could not verify his background. He seems to have misrepresented himself.

Now he wants to know why we cut him loose. What should I say if anything for a reason?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

You do not have to give any reason as a MOU is not a contract. However, if he insists on a reason you can simply state it was simply a business decision for the best interests of your business. You tell them your business has changed direction.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.