Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am a owner, can community come in to my balkony without my

I am a owner, can community come in to my balkony without my permission and without notice?
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for your situation. Can you please tell me what is the reason that the Association has denied you access?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Association came in to my balkony when I wasn't at home.

It's my property.Can they do this?

Cigdem,

Thank you for your clarification. Can you please tell me:

1) Did they come into your balcony through your home, or, simply come on to the balcony by stepping into it without going through your home?

2) What was the reason they did this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They came from outside.They doesn't have key they can not come into home.They used a ladder.

Reason is I feed the birds.

I think somebody did not like this.

But there was no any notice.

Thank you, Cigdem.

This actually happens often. Allow me to explain what has happened. The balcony of your property is actually likely the property of the HOA. You would have to check the bylaws and deed to confirm this, but often, the balconies of a property - especially in condominiums - are the properties of the HOA. This is called "common property" and is administered by the HOA to keep it clean, safe, etc.

As such, if this was common property and under HOA control, they can enter your balcony.

However, if you check the bylaws and the balcony is NOT common property and is one's private property, then one may have a case in court for civil trespass and nuisance.

So it all depends as to whether or not the balcony is common property of the HOA or not, and often times, it is. You can check this by looking at your deed records.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Good luck.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)