Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

When filing a personal injury claim to an insurance company,

When filing a personal injury claim to an insurance company, should I ask for reimbursement of the reduced rate that my insurance company paid the service provider, or should I ask for the full cash value of the service before the adjustments?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.

If you are filing suit, you would file against the individual or entity responsible for you injury. People often mistakenly believe they need to sue the insurance company. That is not correct. You sue the insured and their insurance company tenders defense and pay the award or settlement.

If you are in negotiation with the insurance company then you would use the full billing amount of the medical providers.

I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem.

Thank you.

Hello Josh,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going.
Did I answer your question?
Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, Josh, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.