sorry about that, I will just paste the questions below, so please wait
I was mentioning in my letter to the CEO that it can't be my performance, since even the last week of my employment another tester was using test cases written by me. So, logically one would think that my performance was at least as good, if not better. Also my boss was giving me a task to create a document of what was overlooked while testing, so later it can be addressed. You do not ask people who do not perform well to compile that sort of a document. I also mentioned in the same letter that I had some people from my homecountry sitting not far from me, we were conversing in our native language and they were telling me that if others use my test cases to do their own testing and if I am ask to create a document, I must be doing a good job. So, if the company changes its story and starts stating that I was let go because of performance, these people may find it strange. Do you agree that the no company would want their former contractors telling their present contractors that their company is hard and unfair?
2. Now that the recruiter told me that I was let go only because of the project being downsized, do you agree that it will make the company look bad if it states now that the recruiter misinformed me, since it tarnishes their reputation, if the recruiters with whom they do business lie
I already posted, do you see? I just initially wrote a short note, since its impossible to start a thread with a lengthy text. So, its here
I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
1. would you say that most of the time when there are performance or interaction problems, an end-client would ask a recruiter to go and get that person out of the property. Getting a call on Sunday from a recruiter to go to the front of the end-client's building on Monday morning to give a badge to another recruiter, as happened to me, is more indicative of just a cutback.
2. as a clarification on above reply, so far the end-client has not told me why my contract ended. I will know more on Monday(if you remember from another thread, after contacting the integrity hotline they want to talk to me). So, so far nobody has changed the reason, but do you agree that if the end-client now attempts to give a reason something different from a downsize which the recruiter gave me, they are asking for trouble?
you remember that I accepted in a previous thread and I promise to accept here. I just would like to prepare better for the conversation on Monday, so may I ask few more things.
1. Do you think that it is highly likely that if they told the recruiter that are downsizing, it must be indeed so and they are just letting go people who are somewhat beneath their expectations. In other words some people perform so poorly, so they get fired no matter what and some just fall under a wave of downsizing. Thus, it could be that I somewhat underperformed, but was let go not so much because of that, but mainly because they are downsizing?
2. Would you agree that companies give the recruiters the reason that they were downsizing to stay away from trouble, since if they give another reason they may be sued, so they just want a clean break?
Usually I ask more than one question at a time, but this time I will just ask one, since it is very important. Last Sunday the recruiter called me to inform that the assignment is over and told me that it is because of the downsize, not because of my performance. Later I followed with an SMS stating that I also think that it is not the performance, since someone else was using the test cases (that is what testers write) to perform testing of his own. The recruiter replied to me, she was not trying to argue my statements, she just told me whom to meet on Monday to hand over my badge and gave that person's telephone number. So, I do not have a text where the recruiter stated that it was just the downsize, but I have a text message when I state that I do not think it was my performance and a text message in reply did not attempt to argue or refute my statements, it only mentioned the badge. Can that be enough to serve as evidence that the downsize was the reason the recruiter gave me? I am asking because these two text messages sit in my cell phone and I want to mention in my follow-up letter on the integrity hotline.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).