Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

I am buying a home in California in a senior mobile home community.

I am buying a home in California in a senior mobile home community. I am 65 years of age and my son is 50. The management people tell me that I have to be in the home 24-7 or my son can;t live in the park. can you help me? I might want to take a vacation, would my son have to leave the community while I'm gone!!
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.

That type of restriction (senior community) is legal and enforceable.

Sometimes it can cause problems when family members make extended visits. There is usually a maximum time stated in the bylaws for which a nonresident may stay with you or in the property. So long as he does not reside or extend his visit past that time then he should be ok.

Check with the association or management company.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, Mr. Shepherd, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.