Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I left my exboyfriend a week ago, i was not on his lease, he

Customer Question

I left my exboyfriend a week ago, i was not on his lease, he will not let me get my furniture or my sons belongings at all. He keela trying to force me to date him or i cant have my things back, he says he told the property manager and the police that i was going to try and break in to get my stuff which is not the case, i just want my things and id i dont get them by wednesday i wont be able to get them at all.
Expert:  Tina replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

You have not attempted to contact the police yet?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

No i did not contact them for fear they will nit believe me, the exboyfriend said he told the police i was going to try and break in which i am not so i fear they will not help me.

Expert:  Tina replied 10 months ago.

Hello again, Hilary.

If you were going to break in, you would not call the police, so I would call them and request assistance in retrieving your belongings since your ex appears to be attempting to prostitute you or extort sex from you by using your belongings as leverage. I would inform the police of that since they may otherwise tell you it is a civil matter and you will have to file suit against your ex to obtain a court order against him.

Legally he cannot hold your belongings or dispose of them without risking liability for the value of the belongings since you could file suit seeking the return of the belongings of a judgment against him for the value of the belongings.

Hopefully that will not be necessary though if you inform the local police what he has demanded of you.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your help, although he isnt wanting sex he is just trying to force me to talk to him and he is harrassing me, i have asked him polietly three times to leave me alone and he continues to badger me by saying i need to work around his schedule to get my items which i dont think is right. I just want my thing, i have saved every message he has sent me, will this help with the police?

Expert:  Tina replied 10 months ago.
I see. Forcing you to date him or you don't get your things back is a form of extortion and yes, the messages should aid you in motivating the police to assist you. I would call them promptly.

You are very welcome, Hilary, and good luck to you with this!

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website.Thank you!

Tina, Lawyer
Experience: JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Expert:  Tina replied 10 months ago.

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-tina/. I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.