Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

i need to file a response with the court by tomorrow for a

Customer Question

i need to file a response with the court by tomorrow for a civil suit that was filed against me , can i do that myself
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Could you explain a little more what this lawsuit is all about and why you have waited until this late date to file a response to the lawsuit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i was away and someone signed for the complaint for me. the civil suit is claiming that i transferred money to a third party so it can be hidden.

can i go myself to the court house tom and file a response saying that i deny the claims against me??

Thank you for the information:

Response: Yes, you can. You need to make sure to get an Answer form for the Clerk's Office. Otherwise, you can get sample forms and/or instructions on how to answer your complaint on the following web sites:

How to file a complaint without an Attorney

Ohio Legal Services..

Ohio State Bar

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thank you. can i just write that i deny the claim that was made against me. will this work so that i dont miss the cutoff time and then ill find a local attorney next week.

Response: No, you cannot. You need to follow the proper procedures in responding to the complaint. The first link that I provided would be quite helpful to you. Review it now and prepare your response. It would not take you more than 30 minutes to do this evening. Here are the links once more:

Ohio Legal Services..

Ohio State Bar

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thank you very much for assisting me. I will take a look at the links And follow how they tell me to do it.

Daniel K

Ok. Daniel.

Let me know after you have reviewed links if you still have any more questions.