How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask David Weilbacher, Esq. Your Own Question

David Weilbacher, Esq.
David Weilbacher, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 335
Experience:  Criminal & Civil Litigation, Estate Planning, Probate, and Bankruptcy
Type Your Legal Question Here...
David Weilbacher, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live with my daughter and son in law. They pay me an "allowance"

Customer Question

I live with my daughter and son in law. They pay me an "allowance" to fill in the gaps with childcare and housekeeping. When I look at applying for health insurance my income qualifies me for low cost coverage but if they look at "household" income I will not. I am not a military dependent even though both other "household incomes" are military but I can't get reasonable insurance because I will have to claim their incomes. How do I get insurance based on the income I actually live on, my allowance and rental income?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  David Weilbacher, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

David Weilbacher, Esq. :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be happy to assist you. I need some additional information.

David Weilbacher, Esq. :

What is the name of the program you are applying to for insurance?

Expert:  David Weilbacher, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I didn't see a "chat" come up. I won't apply until Oct. 1st when it's required but when I went on the website it showed my income would make me eligible for either medicaid or low cost health ins.

Expert:  David Weilbacher, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I understand your question. I am trying to learn from you what program you are referring to, so I can research the matter for you. You say you went on the agency's website. Can you give me the web address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

never mind I'll just eat the penalty and forget the health insurance.

Expert:  David Weilbacher, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand. I would like to help you, but I need some information in order to do so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't find the website I used. I do know that both Medicaid and the "low cost" options take into consideration household income whether you are a beneficiary of that income or not. I live on my income not my daughter and son in law's income but that is not taken into consideration by Medicaid or apparently the insurance exchanges. The site I was on was through the State of Nevada but I could not find it when I went back.

Expert:  David Weilbacher, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I would like to help you...I really would, but I need some information from you in order to do so.

I suggest you contact the Nevada Division of Aging has an Elder Care Help Line. There is an elder rights advocate available to assist in finding Medicare, Medicaid and benefit coverage information and counseling services. Their number statewide number is: 1-800-307-4444.

If you cooperate with them, and provide all of the necessary information, they might be able to identify a program at the federal, state or local level that will serve your needs. Good luck.

I hope this answers your questions. If I can help further, please request me.

Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so proper credit is provided for your Answer. Thank you and have a good day. This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. It is also to give you general information and a general understanding of the law. This website is not intended to give you specific legal advice. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state. We attempt to provide quality information, but the law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Last | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina


    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Related Legal Questions