Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

do i need to have signs up for video cameras on my propert

do i need to have signs up for video cameras on my property?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

FL law does not prohibit video recording on your property without notice, as long as you are not video recording in private areas such as bathrooms or locker rooms or bedrooms where privacy is concerned and you do not need signs to do so. You would need signs if you are going to audio record on your property and the sign would state that anyone entering the property or remaining on the property gives their consent to be audio recorded.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.