WALLSTREETFIGHTER
WALLSTREETFIGHTER, Attorney
Experience:  14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney
16356563

I am opening a mattress store, I have my store name and a saying

Customer Question

I am opening a mattress store, I have my store name and a saying after that...my sales rep say I should have it signature marked...what do I do?
Expert:  WALLSTREETFIGHTER replied 1 year ago.

WALLSTREETLAW :

Hello I am a licensed attorney. I am here to help answer your questions. Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification

WALLSTREETLAW :

The employee is stating you should trademark the store name?

Customer: I am opening a mattress store and I have a simple saying after our store name...my sales reps are telling me to get it signature marked so what do I do?
WALLSTREETLAW :

If you want to protect the saying from being stolen by competitors,

Customer: Yes
WALLSTREETLAW :

you can trademark the saying to protect it,

Customer: but how do I know someone else uses it?
WALLSTREETLAW :

However, it would typically have to be unique, and a logo should be incorporated

WALLSTREETLAW :

It would be hard to know,

WALLSTREETLAW :

however if you store is successful, and others are trying to copy your store and use your store name and saying, you could then sue them

Customer: so how do I go about finding out? Can you help
WALLSTREETLAW :

You would have to hire an investigator,

WALLSTREETLAW :

you can also go to the USPTO website to file a trademark for your logo or unique and special saying

Customer: What kind and where do I look for one?
WALLSTREETLAW :

You can look online in NY several investigators can do this,

Customer: Okay, thanks so much
WALLSTREETLAW :

you can also do a google search and NYS Corp search to see if your name is taken

Customer: Thanks you're very helpful
WALLSTREETFIGHTER, Attorney
Experience: 14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney