David Weilbacher, Esq.
David Weilbacher, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Criminal & Civil Litigation, Estate Planning, Probate, and Bankruptcy
16956515

I have applied for US citizenship. The application has been

I have applied for US citizenship. The application has been processed and I received Form I-797C, notice to have my biometrics taken. This was around three months ago. I could not attend the date of the appointment, and asked to have the appointment rescheduled, by ticking the box and sending the form to XHQ-Reprocessing Unit in VA, per the instructions on the form (using certified post). Two months passed, nothing happened, so I sent a reminder (by certified post). Nothing has happened since.
Does anyone know how long it actually takes to get an appointment re-scheduled? If you do know, what is the source of this information?
Expert:  David Weilbacher, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

David Weilbacher, Esq. :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be happy to assist you.

David Weilbacher, Esq. :

I have not been able to identify a source stating how long it takes to reschedule a biometrics appointment. I did find several indications that you should only take two to three weeks, but none of those sources were authoritative; just indications of the experiences of others.

David Weilbacher, Esq. :

My suggestion would be to take a copy of the I-797C that your received, and go to you nearest Application Support Center. In fact, I think you should go to the one identified in the I-797C that you received. I have found indications from others in your situation, that the ASC will reschedule while you wait, or take the biometrics at that time.

David Weilbacher, Esq. :

I'm sorry, but I was not able to find an authoritative answer for you.

David Weilbacher, Esq. :

I hope this answers your questions. If I can help further, please request me.

Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so proper credit is provided for your Answer. Thank you and have a good day. This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. It is also to give you general information and a general understanding of the law. This website is not intended to give you specific legal advice. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state. We attempt to provide quality information, but the law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance.

David Weilbacher, Esq., Attorney
Experience: Criminal & Civil Litigation, Estate Planning, Probate, and Bankruptcy