Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

can i hunt in colorado if i have been found guilty of dv?

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

You can't own or possess a firearm, including for hunting, if you have been convicted of Domestic Violence. That's a federal law.

JD 1992 :

It is an act known as the Lautenberg Amendment and you can read about it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_Violence_Offender_Gun_Ban

JD 1992 :

Under federal law you could bow hunt, since a bow isn't a firearm, but several sources have written that they contacted the DOW and they told them a conviction of DV meant they couldn't use a bow either but there is no statute that states that.

Customer:

Thank you