David Weilbacher, Esq.
David Weilbacher, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Criminal & Civil Litigation, Estate Planning, Probate, and Bankruptcy

In New York State does every student have to get a regents

In New York State does every student have to get a regents diploma to graduate high school?

Where can I find the ranking of high schools based on the percentage of students getting a regents diploma?

Where can I get the data for 2013 for regents scores per subject for each school?

David Weilbacher, Esq. :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be happy to assist you.

David Weilbacher, Esq. :

New York State High School Graduation Requirements differ depending on the year a student first enters 9th grade. Students can obtain a Graduation Requirements card from their Guidance Counselor. The cards outline the credits, Regents examinations, and scores required for high school graduation. Graduation Requirements cards are color-coded and dated to correspond to the year of initial entry into 9th grade. The cards are intended to help students and parents, in consultation with the school counselor, determine the number of credits, the distribution of credits by subject area, and the scores required on the Regents Exams to receive a local, Regents, or Advanced Regents diploma. A Diploma Requirements Worksheet can help track student academic progress throughout high school.

David Weilbacher, Esq. :

Regents Examinations are statewide standardized examinations in core high school subjects required for a Regents Diploma in New York State. Regents Diplomas are optional and typically offered for college bound and non-disabled students. Most students, with some limited exceptions, are required to take the Regents Examinations. To graduate, students are required to have earned appropriate credits in a number of specific subjects by passing year-long or half-year courses, after which they must pass Regents Examinations in some of the subject areas. For higher achieving students, a Regents with Advanced Designation and Honors designations are also offered.

David Weilbacher, Esq. :

You can search for the performance of particular schools on the regent examinations here:

David Weilbacher, Esq. :

You can find additional information on this subject here:

David Weilbacher, Esq. :

David Weilbacher, Esq. :

I hope this answers your questions, and points you in the correct direction. If I can help further, please request me.

Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so proper credit is provided for your Answer. Thank you and have a good day. This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. It is also to give you general information and a general understanding of the law. This website is not intended to give you specific legal advice. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state. We attempt to provide quality information, but the law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. I need to get the regents results for all grades and subjects. This site does not provide all this information. Please provide a site that has all this information.

I could not find the examination scores on a grade and subject basis. I suggest you contact either the New York State Education Department,(NNN) NNN-NNNN or the New York State Board of Regents, E-mail:[email protected]

Either of these agencies may have the data you are seeking, but it does not appear that they publish it in the manner you are seeking.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks - have called Albany in the past - The usual response I got was very rude and rarely reply.

Is there a federal database of this type of information, there must be.

The regent examinations in the form administered in NY are unique to NY. Every state department of education has different standards. I would agree with you the the information you're seeking probably would be available on the federal level if there were national standards. But there are not.

It would be time consuming, but you could collect the data, and compile your own data base.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Any suggestion where I would start collecting the data.

Links to website would be appreciated.

The link I gave you above seems to have the information you are looking for, just not in one document. You could contact them and request a copy of their data base that is used to service their website.