Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I did type this. it is lost, though. ques.- interrogatories

Customer Question

I did type this. it is lost, though. ques.- interrogatories are basic ques. i can ask. Do i write them up under the caption and list them? are the facts they think what occurred proper to ask. they are the defendants and they differ from one to the other- 3 in all

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

You would write your interrogatories with one per number in a numbered list. They would be submitted to each defendant on a pleading called Plaintiff's Request for Interrogatories. You can send a different set of interrogatories to each defendant, they do not have to be the same thing to each defendant.

Here is a sample for format of interrogatories, even though it may not be the same type of case you can insert your own questions.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

paul in the format of interrogatories i cannot download that. can you post it to me or longhand. and what is the time the defendants have to answer to these ques. and can i resend 2 such forms if new ques. arise?

It is a pdf file that is the only way we can post items I am afraid. they have 30 days to answer. If I cut and paste it here it will not all fit and also there would be no formatting, so it would look like something not really usable for you. You can download adobe for free at http://www.adobe.com and then you can open the pdf file and copy and paste it to your word processor. See below what happens on cut and paste to here:

FIRST JUDICIAL DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA IN THE COURT OF COMMON PLEAS OF PHILADELPHIA COUNTY
: : : :
vs. : : : :
Civil Trial Division Compulsory Arbitration Program
_________________Term, 20____ No. _________________________
Plaintiff's Interrogatories To Defendants
Premises Liability Cases
Plaintiff(s) hereby make demand that the Defendant(s) answer the following Interrogatories pursuant to the Pennsylvania Rules of Civil Procedure 4001 et seq. These Interrogatories must be answered as provided in Pa. R.C.P. 4006 and the Answers must be served on all other parties within thirty (30) days after the Interrogatories are deemed served.
These Interrogatories are deemed to be continuing as to require the filing of Supplemental Answers promptly in the event Defendant(s) or their representatives (including counsel) learn additional facts not set forth in its original Answers or discover that information provided in the Answers is erroneous. Such Supplemental Answers may be filed from time to time, but not later than 30 days after such further information is received, pursuant to Pa. R.C.P. 4007.4.
These Interrogatories are addressed to you as a party to this action; your answers shall be based upon information known to you or in the possession, custody or control of you, your attorney or other representative acting on your behalf whether in preparation for litigation or otherwise. These Interrogatories must be answered completely and specifically by you in writing and must be verified. The fact that investigation is continuing or that discovery is not complete shall not be used as an excuse for failure to answer each interrogatory as completely as possible. The omission of any name, fact, or other item of information from the Answers shall be deemed a representation that such name, fact, or other item was not known to Defendant(s), their counsel, or other representatives at the time of service of the Answers.
1.
Identify, by name, title, residence and business address(es)(if employed by defendant, so state, as well as in what capacity) the following individuals:
(a) All persons known to defendant (or known to any person acting on behalf of the defendant) who actually witnessed all or any part of the accident:
(b) All persons known to defendant (or known to any person acting on behalf of the defendant) who were present at or near the scene at the time of the accident;
(c) All persons who last examined or inspected the place where the accident occurred, prior to the accident;
(d) All persons who first examined or inspected the place where the accident occurred, subsequent to the accident;
(e) As to Statements obtained by or on behalf of defendant, or any other Statements known or believed by defendant to have been obtained from any of the persons identified in (a),(b),(c), and/or (d) above, identify all persons providing such Statements; whether the said Statements were written or oral, and identify all persons in possession, custody and/or control of such Statements
2. Except as set forth in 1 above, identify, by name, title, residence and business address(es) and their employers, all persons, including potential expert witnesses (and their field of expertise), from whom defendant or anyone acting on defendant's behalf has obtained any information as to how the accident happened, the cause of the accident or alleged resulting injuries.
3. Did defendant, or anyone acting on behalf of the defendant, receive any reports or complaints from any source during the six (6) months prior to the accident, concerning the conditions of the place where the accident occurred? If so, state:
(a) When:
(b) From whom received:
(c) The nature of each such report or complaint:
(d) Any action(s) taken by defendant in response thereto:
(e) The name, address and job title of the person(s) who has custody, possession and/or control of such reports or complaints.
4. Were any repairs or changes made to the place where the accident occurred (or instrumentality involved in the accident) after the accident occurred? If so, state when they were made, the kind of repairs or changes made, and identify who made such repairs or changes, as well as whose decision it was to initiate the repairs or changes.
5. Set forth the names and addresses of all persons, other than the plaintiff, who have made a claim against the defendant(s) for injuries or damages allegedly occurring in substantially the same area or manner, during the two (2) year period preceding this accident. If lawsuits have been filed concerning any of those claims, state the Commonwealth or State, County, court term and number.
6. (a) At the time of the accident, were the premises where the accident occurred possessed, controlled and/or maintained by the defendant(s)? If not, identify who did possess, control and/or maintain them.
(b) Identify, including name, title, residence and business address(es) the person(s) who last maintained and/or cleaned the premises (or instrumentality) where the accident occurred.
7. Are the premises where the accident occurred owned or leased by the defendant(s). If leased, state:
(a) From whom said premises are leased:
(b) Dates of said lease:
8. State any violations of City Ordinances or Codes for which defendant or anyone acting on defendant's behalf were cited regarding the alleged accident as well as the dates of said violations.
9. Were there any signs, barriers or anything else at or near the scene of the alleged accident (or instrumentality) warning of the conditions existing thereon? If so, state:
(a) When said warnings were placed at the scene and by whom:
(b) Describe exactly what the warning was and the exact dimensions of said warning:
(c) The exact location of said warning.
10. State whether or not the defendant(s) (or anyone acting on behalf of the defendant(s)) are in the possession, custody and/or control of or know of the existence of any photographs, sketches, reproductions, charts, maps or diagrams of the scene of the accident, and if so, state:
(a) The date(s) they were taken or made:
(b) The name, title, residence and business address of the person(s) taking them and in the possession, custody and/or control of them:
(c) The subject or object of the particular site or view of each of them.
11. Is defendant's name correct as it appears in the complaint? If not, provide the correct name for purposes of litigation.
12. State the weather conditions on the day of and the day before the accident and whether you allege that the weather conditions contributed to the happening of Plaintiff’s accident.
13. Identify, by name, title, residence and business address(es), the persons supplying the answers to these Interrogatories and whether they do so from personal knowledge. Otherwise, state the sources from which the information was obtained.
14. Was/were defendant(s) insured by any carrier for liability and/or excess (i.e. “umbrella”) benefits applicable to Plaintiff’s accident? If so, identify by name and address the insurance carrier and the exact name of the insured and the amount of applicable liability insurance benefits. If self- insured, for all or any monetary part of a liability claim, so state (including the limits).
15. Was any videotaping performed on the day of this accident at the location where the accident occurred? If so, was there any type of log, record, compilation or other documentation of the videotaping performed; identify by name, title, residence and business address, the person who is charged with the care, custody, possession and/or control of the recording(s).
16. If you contend that plaintiff was guilty of comparative/contributory negligence, then fully and specifically describe upon what conduct, acts or omissions of plaintiff you base your contention. If you contend that any other party, person and/or entity is responsible for the plaintiff’s injuries, damages and/or losses, then fully and specifically describe upon what conduct, acts or omissions of such party, person and/or entity you base your contention.
17. If you have engaged, or expect to engage, healthcare professionals and/or other expert witnesses (i.e. accident reconstructionists), whom you intend to have testify at trial on your behalf on any matter pertaining to this action, state:
(a) The name of the expert;
(b) The expert's professional address;
(c) The expert's occupation;
(d) The expert's specialty;
(e) The expert's qualifications (i.e. Curriculum Vitae);
(f) The topic or subject matter upon which expert is expected to testify;
(g) The substance of the facts to which the expert is expected to testify;
(h) The substance of the opinion to which the expert is expected to testify;
(i) A summary of the grounds for each opinion the expert is expected to testify.
18. If you have engaged, or expect to engage, healthcare professionals and/or other expert witnesses (i.e. accident reconstructionists) for opinion(s), either oral or written, whom you do not intend to have testify at trial on your behalf, please state:
(a) The name of the expert;
(b) The expert's professional address;
(c) The expert's occupation;
(d) The expert's specialty;
(f) The topic or subject matter of the expert witness' oral or written report;
(g) The location of and/or whom has the care, custody, possession and/or control of the expert witness' oral or written report made to anyone other than yourself (i.e. an insurance company) providing an identity and address.
19. If you, your attorney or any representative of yours, conducted any sound, photographic, motion picture film, personal sight or any other type of surveillance of the Plaintiff(s), state:
(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)
(e)
(f)
By whom (name and address of company and individual);
The date(s) of such surveillance;
The time(s) of such surveillance;
The location(s) of such surveillance;
The method by which such surveillance was made;
A summary of what such surveillance reveals.
20. At the servant(s), worker(s) and/or employee(s)) have any conversation(s) with or make any statement(s) to any of the parties or witnesses, or did any of them make any statement(s) to you or in your presence. If so, state the substance of any such conversation(s) or statement(s) and identify in whose presence it occurred.
time of the alleged accident or immediately thereafter, did you (or your agent(s),
21.
Identify any healthcare professionals’ records your are in the possession, custody and/or control of.
______
Name of Attorney Attorney for Plaintiff(s) Identification No.: Address: Telephone No.: Fax No.: e-mail address:
___________________________
I _______________________________, subject to the penalties of 18 Pa C.S.A. §4904, relating to unsworn falsification to authorities, state the attached answers and/or documents are submitted in response to the foregoing Interrogatories and/or Requests for Production of Documents and that to the best of my knowledge, information and belief they are true and complete.
_________________________________ Signature
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney