John Legal
John Legal, Attorney
Experience:  Over 15 years legal experience.

is there a Florida statute or law that has a requirement about

is there a Florida statute or law that has a requirement about how long a student (kindergartener) can ride a school bus per morning route & afternoon route??
Say that the 5 years old rides a school bus in the morning for approximately
1 hr 45 min and the afternoon route approximately 2 hrs 15 min per day....
To me this is way too long for a 5 year old to be on a school bus. School lets out at 2:20pm and he boards the school bus and he gets off school bus at his home at 4:45pm. Way too long!! I just would like to know this information...Thank you
Welcome! Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately there are not specific laws that limit the amount of time a child would be required to spend on the bus. There are Florida laws that limit the size of the route to assure that all children have seats. However, if the children have seats, the law does not require the route to be a limited length of time.

Here are the relevant statutes and regulations for you to confirm for yourself:

I cannot provide you with legal advise. I have provided you with information about the law related to your question. My answer, and any information that you find online, should not take the place of having a consultation with a lawyer in your area to advise you regarding your specific issues.

Please show your appreciation for my candid, accurate information by clicking VERY INFORMATIVE, OR the OR and positive feedback. You should only rate me if you are satisfied with the information I provided you. If you cannot rate me GREAT please do not rate. Give me a chance to make it right by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

I appreciate your question and repeat customers. You can request me by beginning your question with "Dear XXXXX..."

Thank you,