dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues

I would like to start a business conducting non-legal services,

I would like to start a business conducting non-legal services, such as administrative work, documentation prep, for attorneys in the Bankruptcy and Foreclosure Defense industry. Possibly answering their calls and taking basic client information and then transferring the call to the attorney or staff. Can you give me examples of types of work I could do for them without running into a legal issue?

Hello and thank you for your question. For over 34 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

It sounds like you will be offering your services as opposed to being employed by the attorney. If that is the case, you can provide support services such as document preparation so long as you are not giving direct advice to any client. Specifically, at all times it must be known to the client that you are not an attorney, you cannot give advice, and that ALL work that you prepare if reviewed by the attorney. You also cannot take fees from the client in your name but it is ok to take fees, as per an agreement, made payable to the attorney who will then compensate you.

I wish you much success.