Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

UNDER HIPPA, HOW DOES AN INDIDIVIUAL GET A TOTAL. COMPLETE

UNDER HIPPA, HOW DOES AN INDIDIVIUAL GET A TOTAL. COMPLETE COPY {I.E. NO MISSING PLACES OF ONE'S MEDICAL/PSYCIATRIC FILE/RECORD FROM A CENTER/HOSPITAL.

PLEASE HELP WITH ANY FORM LETTER OR ACTUAL LEGAL FORM AVAILABLE THAT ACHIEVE THE ABOVE STATED PURPOSE.

THANKS. XXXXX
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.

The Privacy Rule under HIPAA gives you, with few exceptions, the right to inspect, review, and receive a copy of your medical records and billing records that are held by health plans and health care providers covered by the Privacy Rule.

Only you or your personal representative has the right to access your records. A health care provider or health plan may send copies of your records to another provider or health plan as needed for treatment or payment or as authorized by you. However, the Privacy Rule does not require the health care provider or health plan to share information with other providers or plans.

The one snag is that you do not have the right to access a provider’s psychotherapy notes. Psychotherapy notes are notes taken by a mental health professional during a conversation with the patient and kept separate from the patient’s medical and billing records.

If your doctor refuses to provide your file redacted of privileged information then you can file a complaint with the state medical board or the Department of Health and Human Services.

There is no special form. All you need is a letter demanding your file.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

JudgeLaw
Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you and your generous bonus. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):  http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-JudgeLaw/

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, John, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.